- Mission and Purpose
- Misha's Story
- About Us
- Event Schedule
- Classes/Events by DATE
- Classes by VENUE
- Classes by TITLE
- Class DESCRIPTIONS
- Adoptable Animals
- Low Cost Spay & Neuter
- Foster Application & Info
- Adoption Application & Info
- Rescues & Shelters
- Featured Mutts & More
- Dog Trainer Program
- Resources & Education
- Understanding Dogs Level 1
Sept 23 Leash Walking and Good Manners
Sept 30 Canine Body Language
Oct 4 6 week Obedience
Oct 8 Your Choice Dog Behavior
Oct 11 – no classes
October 15: $750 discount for Dog Trainer / Behavior Specialist Program beginning In January, 2015. Email us for info and application.
Oct 22 Scared and Scary on Leash
Oct 26 Moments for Mutts 2014
Oct 27 Fear and How to Lessen It
Oct 29 4 week Understanding Dogs
Nov 3 I Can't Control Myself
Nov 10 Canine Body Language
Nov 10 Barking and other Annoyances
Nov 17 Scared and Scary on Leash
Nov 18 Anxiety, Trauma, P.T.S.D.
Dec 15: $250 discount for Dog Trainer / Behavior Specialist Program beginning In January, 2015. Email us for info and application.
Jan 19: 2015 Dog Trainer / Behavior Specialist Program at Kriser's in Lakewood – register by Oct 15 for a $750 discount. Email us for info and application..
Jan 20: 2015 Dog Trainer / Behavior Specialist Program at Lil' Angels in Denver - – register by Nov 15 for a $500 discount. Email us for info and application.
Jan 21: 2015 Dog Trainer / Behavior Specialist Program at Village of Five Parks in Arvada - – register by Dec 15 for a $250 discount. Email us for info and application.
*Animal Reiki Certification
*Anxiety, Fear, Phobia and Trauma
*Barking & Digging
*Basic Obedience & Good Manners
*Canine CPR and First Aid
*Canine Sensory Management
*CATS: Understanding the Mysterious Creature
*Families and Dogs
*Finding Your Calling
*Flower Essences for People & Pets
*Food, Toy and Place Guarding
*I Can't Control Myself
*I'm Scared and Scarey on a Leash
*Introvert in an Extroverted World?
*KIDS: Earn an “I’m a Dog’s Best Friend” Certificate
*Leash Walking and Good Manners
*Obedience and Good Manners
*Proper Greetings:Who Me Jump up?
*FREE Overview of our Dog Training Programs with Q&A: 6 week Obedience and Good Manners, Canine Good Citizen Certification, Single Theme Behavior, Dog Trainer / Behavior Specialist Certification, 4 week Understanding Dogs, 3 week Leash Walking, 3 week Off Leash / COME
The Misha May Foundation Dog Training and Rescue is a grass-roots 501(c)3 non profit organization that operates solely from fundraising, income derived from a variety of human and animal classes, and the goodwill of many volunteers. Our sole purpose is to rescue, rehabilitate and re-home dogs (and cats) at risk, regardless of breed or mix, behavior or medical issue. We save animals from euthanasia (from many sources) and foster them for as long as it takes to find a home.
What is The Misha May Foundation Dog Training and Rescue?
Click here to view articles:
Love No Matter What
The Story of The Misha May Foundation Dog Training and Rescue from Mile High Dog
Please join our MEETUP GROUP: Denver Dog Behavior with Misha May Foundation. and help us spread the word about positive dog training!
Misha, The Misha May Foundation Dog Training and Rescue's namesake, died on November 14th, 2000. Misha was on her way to be relinquished at a shelter when she was rescued. She found her way to Lorraine and that was the beginning of the story.
The Misha May Foundation Dog Training and Rescue's job will never be done. We wish we had a beautiful large facility to house as many animals as we receive calls to rescue. Sadly, that's not the case. We do the very best we can. We have dogs that have been with us for five years because we haven't found the perfect home.
We appreciate help in any way, whether that is a tax-deductible donation, volunteering, fostering, adoption, taking classes or donating your time or product/service to one of our many events.Please contact us if you think you might be able to help.
- Finally Our Own Dog! Click here to view article :Misha May's First Rescue
- Foreclosure Crisis 2008: Misha May on Channel 7 News. Please
click here to see the video.
- Rocky Mountain News article about The Misha May Foundation Dog Training and Rescue
- Rocky Mountain News article about a lost dog Misha May
rescued in Utah. Please click here to read the article about Wendall.
- Thank you, Misha. Click here to view article:Inspiration
- Honor Dogs with Love Click here to view article: For Snoopy
- Reiki Exchange Click here to view article :Reiki Interchange
- Email Newsletter from 6/1/2010.
- Email Newsletter from Summer 2009.
- Email Newsletter from Summer 2008.
- On May 8, 2007 Grey's surgery was performed
by cardiologist, Dr. Karen Sanderson of Alameda East Veterinary Hospital who
discounted her services. See entire story here.
In each interview I was asked why Grey? Why spend so much money on him when there are so many animals who need help? I was pleased to be asked that question as it allowed me to talk about the mission of Misha May. I mainly highlighted 4 things:
1) Misha May attempts to help whichever dogs show up for us to help. The dog doesn't need to fit any criteria or standard like breed or age or personality or health; Misha May accommodates the dog, and who he or she is. This has meant holistic cancer treatments, long-term behavior training; puppy developmental education, heartworm treatments, etc. Or, as in this case, specific fund raising for Grey's surgery.
2) We treat dogs as if they are owned, not homeless. The difference in perception means we assume there is a home waiting for them and that if we do what is needed it will happen. We demonstrate that rescue can be not just humane but actually pleasant for the animals. They become and remain extremely adoptable. So far, so good!
3) Because we treat our dogs as part of the Misha May family, we provide a model, which encourages and supports the public to do the same. We don't discard our pets, euthanize them, give up on them, mistreat them, or abandon them. We believe it is unacceptable to treat a pet in that manner. We will take a dog back any time during his or her life.
4) In helping each individual dog, we always help additional dogs. In this situation, for example, we set out to raise money for Grey, but between donations and discounts, we most probably will have more than Grey needs. Grey has said he will be most happy to share with our other rescues. Grey was helped and then helped others. We like that very much!
|Lorraine May and Zeb
My reason for being is to improve life for dogs. In this ideal world, there would be no homeless, neglected or abused ones. And there would be no need for rescue, nor for families to give up their pet not knowing whether he or she might find another home. People often ask me how I got started in training, behavior and rescue. Although I have studied and Programd, my motivation and education have primarily come from the dogs themselves. My calling is to understand dogs, rehabilitate them, and then write about the process. In the beginning, I was compelled to rehabilitate my own dogs rather than consider giving them up. As it happens with many of the dogs who pick us, I loved them dearly, but wasn't entirely pleased with how they behaved.
Governing Board of Directors
Lorraine May: Executive Director and Founder
Terry Chriswell, Publisher, Mile High Natural Awakenings: Vice President/Secretary
Eileen Alm, Dennis Gunther, Barbara Millman, Jennifer Seyfert, Barbi Springer,
Steve Oxman, Judy Golightly, Cheri Roesler, Mary Hall
The Misha May Foundation Dog Training and Rescue
PO Box 151166
Lakewood, Colorado 80215
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent News, Links & Fun Stuff
COLORADO GIVES is our DONATION portal. Please give generously!
All funds are used directly for the care of animals in need.
$25 - Student / Senior Club Membership;
$50 - Puppy Club Membership;
$100 - Training Club Membership;
$1000 - Lifetime Membership!
The Misha May Foundation Dog Training and Rescue
Lorraine May, Executive Director
PO Box 151166
Lakewood, CO 80215-1166
|Join Our Email List|
Sweet, adorable Buddy is now in foster care and looking for a forever home!